JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Chicago, Illinois, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Navigant Economics applies rigorous economic and statistical analysis to assist law firms, corporations, and government agencies in addressing their complex legal and business challenges. Our economists work across major industries on issues involving antitrust, valuation, intellectual property, and labor and employment. We assist clients through every phase of a project from defining the problem by identifying key economic issues to gathering facts and data and performing due diligence. We design appropriate methodologies and employ state-of-the-art economic and econometric techniques in all aspects of our analysis. The testimony, reports, and research of our experts has been widely cited by courts, as well as in leading academic and industry journals.
As an economist at Navigant, you would join our team of leading academic and industry professional consultants. We are looking for someone with previous academic or consulting experience who is able to use economic theory and econometric techniques to examine complex questions that arise among organizations and institutions. Ideal candidates are positioned to contribute to thought leadership within the company and their field, and will aspire to develop the skills and experience necessary to develop business relationships and serve as a testifying expert. We are hiring for our office in Chicago, with the level to be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
• Lead and supervise teams in small and large engagements
• Develop testable economic models relevant to key case questions
• Perform sophisticated statistical and econometric analysis, including interpreting results and evaluating robustness
• Develop computer models, including detailed and potentially complex spreadsheet analyses
• Research and review economics literature pertinent to case questions
• Assist with development and drafting of expert reports and the components underlying those reports
• Supervise and conduct data gathering activities, including document review as well as supervision and quality control of data entry
• Lead quality control efforts
• Lead engagement planning and management
• Communicate directly with clients
• Train, develop, and act as a mentor to junior staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Ph.D. in Economics required. Closely related quantitative field may be considered.
• Experience in an academic faculty or professional consulting position required.
• Advanced statistical programming skills required. SAS, Stata, and/or R experience preferred.
• Strong analytical, research, statistical, and quantitative abilities required.
• General-purpose programming skills and experience preferred.
• Strong economic modeling skills preferred.
• Ability to lead small and large project teams or work streams on a variety of engagements required.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet timely deadlines required.
• Experience preparing and presenting client deliverables within defined timelines and budgets preferred.
• Ability to write clearly, professionally, and persuasively required.
• Effective communication skills required.
Navigant Consulting will be interviewing at the Conference in Chicago. Apply through JOE.
To learn more about Navigant visit
- Cover Letter