JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
00 -- Default: Any Field
I -- Health, Education, and Welfare
Y -- Miscellaneous Categories
Salary Range: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Start Date: July 1, 2016
Application Deadline: Until filled
About Evidence Action:
Evidence Action scales proven development solutions to benefit millions of people around the world. We fill the gap between knowing 'what works' and having impact at scale.
About the Position
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated wonk to join our team of evidence-driven and scale-obsessed professionals located across the globe.
• Scour literature and assess research findings on an ongoing basis to identify new ways to quantify the social outcomes and fully loaded costs of our work
• Author working papers/blog posts detailing our methodology and analysis choices
• Support program directors to engage with GiveWell, institutional donors, and other organizations on cost benefit analysis, cost-effectiveness calculations, presenting findings in excel, narrative and visual formats.
• Model wider program dependencies to aid decision making in areas such as implementation strategy, growth planning, alternative revenue streams and government engagement, to name a few.
• Minimum of Master’s level social science, public policy, or international development degree
• Financial modelling plus a detailed understanding of and experience with different cost modelling approaches
• Extremely well organized and an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• Advanced excel skills, plus STATA, R or SAS required
- External Application Link