JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Sydney, NSW, AUSTRALIA
JEL Classification: D0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Recognised internationally, Macquarie University is among the top Australian young universities. Macquarie is home to five faculties. The fifth and newest - Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences - was formed in 2014. The Faculty of Business and Economics has a worldwide reputation as a leading business and economics school. The Department of Economics comprises 25 academic staff, who pursue their research in a diverse set of areas including macroeconomics, financial economics and econometrics, applied labour and development, industrial organization, urban economics and the economics of culture.
The Department of Economics is seeking to fill a position of a Lecturer (Level B, equivalent to an Assistance Professor) in Applied Microeconomics.
Essential selection criteria include:
• An awarded or submitted PhD in Economics or a closely-related discipline;
• A well-articulated research agenda and a track record of publications in the highest quality domestic and international journals;
• Capacity to supervise Masters and/or PhD research students;
• Experience and interest in interdisciplinary research;
Appointment Type: Full-time, 3-years fixed term
Enquiries: Professor Lisa Magnani, Head of Department on
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion.
To apply visit
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below