JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Beijing, CHINA
00 -- Default: Any Field
G -- Financial Economics
Q -- Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
Behavioral and Operational Management
Management Science and Engineering
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The School of Economics and Management at Beihang University is embarking on a major new hiring initiative for its newly established Institute of Economics and Business. We invite global applications for full rank tenure-track positions with expertise in a variety of areas, including but not limited to financial economics, energy economics, environmental economics, development economics, behavioral and operational management, marketing, strategy, management psychology, management science and engineering, information system, or other closely related fields. We encourage applications from scholars who have overseas research experiences and are committed to research excellence. The successful candidates will have a strong record of, or potential for externally funded research, scholarship, and peer-reviewed publications. Detailed information about each position is listed as follows:
1. China’s 1000plan Honor Professor, which targets on leading researchers working in overseas top universities, research institutions, reputational enterprises, and financial corporations. Fellowship under this plan is only awarded to overseas full professors, or scholars with equivalent title. Please refer to the website of for detailed information about this program.
2. Professor, which targets on scholars with internationally recognized academic achievements and publications in top-tier international academic journals. Candidates for this position should be under the age of 45 and have obtained a doctoral degree from major overseas research universities. For doctoral graduates from Chinese universities, three year working experience in major overseas universities or well recognized research institutions is considered equivalent. Successful candidates must also have secured a formal academic position in major overseas universities or well recognized research institutions, and have kept abreast of the leading development in his/her field(s), before coming (back) to China.
3. Associate professor, which targets on scholars with formal academic positions in major overseas universities or well recognized research institutions. Candidates for this position should be under the age of 40 and have obtained a doctoral degree from major overseas research universities. For doctoral graduates from Chinese universities, two year working experience in major overseas universities or well recognized research institutions is considered equivalent. Successful candidates must also show a strong potential for academic excellence and have produced publications in top-tier international academic journals.
4. Assistant professor, which targets on doctoral graduates from major overseas universities, with an age under 32. Successful candidates must show a strong potential for academic excellence.
Beihang University is one of the leading universities in China, and supported by three national education excellence projects (211/985/2011). Our mission is to simultaneously answer the nation’s two calls for cutting-edge original research and for strategic technological innovation in a global context. In the university’s new century development plan, the disciplines of economics and business have been ranked on the very top and granted with extensive infrastructure, financial, and administrative supports. Thus, new faculty joining the School of Economics and Management will have internationalized teaching and research environment, sufficient research funding, professional administrative supports, and well-established working infrastructure.
We will provide new faculty with globally competitive compensation package, including salary, research start-up funding, and housing at Beijing. We give preference for candidates who are qualified for national fellowships, such as China’s 1000 plan, China’s Young 1000plan and Yangtze River Scholarship, and will provide strong support in the applying these scholarships.
This job information is posted on a long-term basis.
- Application Instructions Below
To apply, please send CV to Zichao Jia via the following contact information:
Address: 37 Xueyuan Road Beihang University, New Main Buidling Suite A1041, Beijing 100191, China
For more information, as well as the School of Economics and Management at Beihang University, please go to