JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The economist will develop/execute quantitative research on economic security/upward mobility, focusing on racial wealth disparities. Position is housed within the research team at Dēmos.
- Developing narrative-changing research on economic/racial inequality: wealth, jobs, wages.
- Producing descriptive statistics/running regressions.
- Writing long/short-form publications: research reports, issue briefs, opinion articles.
- Deep Data Expertise. Proficient in Stata, R, SPSS. Deep familiarity with household/individual microdata: ACS, CPS, SCF, others.
- Excellent Writing/Analytical Skills. Agile/versatile writer who writes accessibly without sacrificing intellectual rigor.
- Strategic/Creative Thinking. Eager to uncover new analyses that advance public debate.
- Developed Racial Equity Analysis & Practice. Well-developed analysis of the causes of racial inequality; consistently integrates analysis into work.
- External Outreach/Collaboration. Skilled at identifying/cultivating productive relationships with individuals in academia, government, and policy organizations.
Advanced degree in economics, sociology or public policy required. Title/salary based on degree/work experience. Think tank/public policy experience a plus. Willingness to engage with media/speak publicly also a plus. Strong commitment to excellence, ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Full-time, NYC-based; D.C-based applicants also considered.
Competitive, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, dental /vision, 20 days paid vacation, 403b plan.
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below