JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
I2 -- Education and Research Institutions
I -- Health, Education, and Welfare
Full Text of JOE Listing:
EQUIP, a USAID-funded project, includes evaluation of the effectiveness and costs of HIV interventions and modeling of the future costs of guideline and service delivery changes in Africa and elsewhere. A South Africa-based team leader is needed to design and implement the evaluation program. The team leader will work with Boston University and HE2RO colleagues, project leadership, USAID, and country governments and other stakeholders to design study protocols and data collection instruments, develop databases, analyze data and models, write reports and papers, and supervise other researchers and data staff based at HE2RO and in project countries. The position will include substantial travel to other countries.
For the team leader position, we are seeking an applied health economist with experience in evaluating healthcare interventions and conducting fieldwork, supervising research teams, and designing and carrying out rigorous evaluations.
* Doctoral (preferred) or master's degree in relevant field (economics, public health, public policy)
* Strong technical competence in economic and statistical analysis
* Experience working/conducting research in low- or middle-income countries and carrying out applied economic research on healthcare interventions, including collection of primary data
* A demonstrated ability to develop and implement new projects
* Demonstrated leadership potential, resourcefulness, and intellectual creativity.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below