JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Toyonaka, Osaka, JAPAN
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
O1 -- Economic Development
Q5 -- Environmental Economics
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
L -- Industrial Organization
I1 -- Health
H -- Public Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), Osaka University, Japan, invites applications for a position in applied economics/econometrics. A preference will be given to those specializing in applied econometrics and a subfield of economics, such as development economics, environmental economics, labor economics, industrial organization, political economy, health economics, and others. The candidate for a tenure-track assistant professor position is expected to have a Ph.D. in economics by August 31, 2016 and must demonstrate the potential for publishing high-quality academic research. For a tenured associate professor position, the applicant must have at least four refereed publications, including two or more single-authored papers.
Successful applicants will be required to give lectures and seminars related to their fields of specialization at the graduate level and to provide M.A. and Ph.D. theses supervisions. They are also asked to teach undergraduate courses in economics. The language of instruction for most courses is English, but preference will be given to applicants who can teach both in English and in Japanese. Intra-university communications of an administrative nature will be conducted in Japanese. Successful applicants are expected to take up duties on September 1, 2016.
- Application Instructions Below
1) A cover letter indicating the position applied (tenure-track assistant professor or tenured associate professor).
2) A detailed curriculum vitae, clearly marking refereed publications (please include telephone numbers and email addresses of two referees).
3) A (scanned) PDF file of the certificate of Ph.D. degree, or a letter from the thesis supervisor to certify that the applicants can meet our degree requirement deadline.
4) PDF files of 1-3 published and/or unpublished papers.
5) Two letters of references, to be sent directly from the referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials in PDF files, including letters of references, must be sent by email to email@example.com no later than February 1, 2016.