JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Hachioji, Tokyo, JAPAN
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
1. Teach at least three undergraduate courses including microeconomics and/or macroeconomics in English.
2. Teach at least one basic foundations course, 'freshman seminar'.
3. Participate in educational and administrative activities organized by the faculty and the university.
4. Conduct research in applicant's research field.
Associate Professor, and Lecturer level. Tenure-track position with initial three-year contract. Upon contract completion, achievements in research and instruction will be reviewed by the faculty review committee.
1. All candidates must agree with the Founding Principles and Mission Statement of Soka University ( .
2. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in economics before taking up the position. We welcome applicants of all nationalities, but candidates are required a high level of fluency of English and intermediate fluency of Japanese.
Treatment: In accordance with the provisions of Soka University regulations.
Selection Process: After documentary screening, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in March/April, 2015.
Skype interviews are possible for overseas candidates.
Notification of decision: Applicants will be notified by email.
Application Materials and Contact Information:
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
Email for Reference Letters: feel@
Email for Applications: feel@