JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
African Center for Economic Transformation
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Accra, GHANA
JEL Classification: E6 -- Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) is an international non-profit organization committed to promoting policy research and advisory services that contribute towards African governments’ attainment of their development goals, sustained and inclusive growth and economic transformation. With its head office in Accra, Ghana, ACET is supported by multilateral and bilateral donors and philanthropic foundations.
ACET is looking for a candidate strong in macroeconomics and international trade to carry out research and case studies on relevant macro and trade matters to support ACET’s advisory services to governments.
Reporting to the Director of Research, the specific duties of the incumbent will include:
• Review global macroeconomic trends, policies and their impact on trade, financing, growth and employment in
sub-Sahara Africa (SSA).
• Undertake research on macroeconomic issues and lead all macroeconomic analysis relevant to the work of ACET.
• Participate in the preparation of the African Economic Transformation Report
• Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in macroeconomics and or international trade
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Proven experience in research and in macroeconomic analysis
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English or French
• Ability to share technical knowledge and experience.
- Application Instructions Below
• Letter of Interest/Application Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Sample writing work or links to such material
• Names and Contact Information for 3 Referees