JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Shinjuku, Tokyo, JAPAN
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Waseda University, a long-established private university located in central Tokyo, invites applications for two full-time, tenured (or tenure-track) positions* in International Trade or International Finance (International Macroeconomics) in the Faculty of Political Science and Economics. The appointment will be made at the rank of either Professor or Associate Professor (for a tenure-track position, Associate Professor only), beginning in September 2016 or April 2017.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
(1) Be competent to teach undergraduate and graduate courses on either International Trade or International Finance (International Macroeconomics) and on related topics in English.
(2) Be able to conduct thesis advice/supervision regarding either International Trade or International Finance (International Macroeconomics) at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in English.
(3) Be competent to conduct research in either International Trade or International Finance (International Macroeconomics) in English. Expertise in empirical analysis is preferred, but not required.
(4) Ability to teach in Japanese is not required, but preferred.
For more information, please refer to the following URL.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
Prof. Koichi Suga, Senior Dean
Faculty of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University
1-6-1 NishiWaseda, Shinjuku, Tokyo 169-8050, Japan
-On the envelope, please write in red "Application for International Economics 2016."
-All documents must be sent by registered mail.
-The documents submitted will not be returned.
Please note that we are not able to accept the application sent by e-mail.