JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Social Policy Research Associates
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Oakland, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Social Policy Research Associates is currently seeking a senior quantitative research associate with potential to manage medium and large-scale workforce development and human services evaluations and use complex statistical techniques to evaluate social programs.
Completion of a Ph.D. degree in the social sciences and experience conducting quantitative analyses of social programs are required. We are specifically looking for candidates with experience in statistical modeling, quasi-experimental impact estimation techniques (including propensity score matching), survey sampling, sample weighting, variance estimation for complex sample data, instrumental variables, and HLM. Those whose advanced training in economics, especially applied labor economics and econometrics, are especially encouraged to apply.
• Design and conduct quantitative research based on administrative data on program participants, survey data, or public-use data.
• Conduct statistical analyses using SAS, Stata or other statistical software packages.
• Develop and analyze surveys of program administrators and/or participants.
• Analyze data from multiple data sources and prepare evaluation reports for government and non-profit clients.
• Participate in, or lead, proposal writing and business development.
How to Apply:
Apply at http://www.spra.com/about-spr/careers/. Deadline for all applications is December 7, 2015; we will move forward with promising candidates before that date.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below