JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
Los Angeles, California, UNITED STATES
D00 -- General
Z00 -- General
C1 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Edgeworth Economics is seeking candidates who are passionate about solving real-world economic, quantitative and business problems. Principal Economists are responsible for providing project team leadership in the preparation of economic and statistical analyses for a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Identifying key economic issues and developing relevant analytical frameworks
• Formulating economic and statistical models
• Conducting empirical studies
• Performing quantitative and qualitative research
• Assisting economic testifying experts
• Presenting results of analyses
• Helping companies leverage analytic tools to better manage innovation
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Candidates should have a MBA or Ph.D. with expertise in economics, statistics, or related areas such as econometrics, competitive economics, market structure, price theory, industrial organization or labor issues is a plus.
• At least 3 years of experience in economic consulting or a related quantitative field is preferred.
• Successful candidates will demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
All interested candidates must apply online through the JOE Network. The required application materials include a resume, cover letter, relevant writing sample, unofficial transcript, and two references.
Further questions, please go to Edgeworth’s Careers website, www.edgewortheconomics.com/careers.
- Letters of Reference
- Job Market Paper
- Cover Letter