JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
About Man | Numeric Investors
Numeric Investors is an institutional investment manager based in Boston, Massachusetts with $17.2 billion AUM for clients globally. Since our founding in 1989, we have remained dedicated in our efforts to consistently outperform our benchmarks to deliver excess returns over the long term for our clients. Our strategies range from long-only and active extension to market neutral hedge fund equities across geographic regions, investment styles and capitalization strata.
Man Group is one of the largest publicly listed global alternative investment providers managing $76.8 billion, headquartered in London, with offices in every major region. Acquisition of Numeric by Man in September 2014 creates a diversified, global quantitative investment platform represented by AHL and Numeric.
We are seeking a Quantitative Researcher to develop and improve quantitative investment strategies in equity or equity related markets.
• Work closely with Numeric’s Strategic Alpha Research team to develop new and improve existing investment strategies by:
-Identifying new investment ideas or innovative data sources
-Gathering and refining data for modeling
-Coding and statistical analysis to build and refine models
-Interpreting, presenting, and implementing the results
• Conduct research on various implementation aspects of investment strategies such as trading cost models, risk models, optimization, and portfolio construction
• Graduate or 2016 candidate of a top Ph.D. program in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related investment or technical discipline
• Experience with equity research strongly preferred
• Independent thinker with good economic intuition and strong record of original research
• Excellent quantitative skills from formal training in econometrics or statistics, and extensive experience in utilizing those skills in empirical research
• Strong programming skills analyzing large and complex data with statistical tools (e.g. Python, R, SAS)
• Strong communication ability to discuss involved concepts in finance and statistics in both verbal and written forms
• Passionate about investing, hard-working, self-motivated with strong attention to detail. Eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
If you are interested in joining our high-energy research team, please submit your resume and research sample by December 10, 2015, using the following link:
Compensation is very competitive and is dependent on work experience and skills.
We will be interviewing qualified candidates at the AFA/AEA meetings in San Francisco from January 3-5, 2016.
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Link