JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Bank of America
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Bank of America's Economic Scenario Development Team is seeking an Economist/Econometrician in Charlotte, NC. The Economic Scenario Development Team is responsible for econometric modeling and scenario generation to support CCAR, stress testing, and other enterprise risk management activities.
The candidate will be responsible for economic theory support, model prototyping and testing, verbal and written communication, economic scenario review, narrative, and documentation. Our work is fast-paced and intellectually challenging, and we interact daily with quantitative modelers, and senior bank management to improve our models and adapt to changing business needs. Excellent communication and aptitude for learning is required.
• PhD in Economics, Econometrics or equivalent, with quantitative focus/experience
• Extensive economic theory and intuition;
• Experience in econometric modeling through employment, PhD studies or both, especially pertaining to interest rates, financial markets, and macroeconomics.
• Solid statistics theory;
• Intermediate programming skills in SAS, R, S, Matlab or equivalent;
• Desire to work individually and with a group on complex problem solving;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of financial markets, CCAR and stress testing;
• Willingness to apply economic theory to stress testing models and help interpret model outcomes;
• Ability to work in a time sensitive, market driven environment
- External Application Link