JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
A1 -- General Economics
O1 -- Economic Development
Q1 -- Agriculture
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks an Associate Research Fellow for its Markets, Trade and Institutions Division. The position is a two-year, fixed-term appointment, and is renewable depending on performance and funding. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C.
- Conduct research on issues related to income diversification of rural households, value chain analysis, poverty maps, vertical and horizontal integration in agricultural markets and modern value chains.
- The Fellow will work on empirical micro econometric modeling, and value chain analysis.
- For a complete job listing please go to www.ifpri.org
- Ph.D. in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field
- Significant applied econometric skills, experience in state of the art value chain analysis, experience of empirical policy-relevant research on agricultural markets in developing countries;
For a complete listing please go to www.ifpri.org . Click on “Careers” and “Research Positions” to link you to Position # 13-215 – Associate Research Fellow, MTID. Please complete on-line application and indicate on your cover letter if you plan to attend the 2016 ASSA Annual Meeting in San Francisco. We will inform applicants of their status as soon as the Search Committee reviews applications.
- External Application Link