JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
National Association of Realtors
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: R3 -- Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The National Association of Realtors, America’s largest trade and professional association, seeks a Research Data Analyst. The analyst will work in a team to contribute to a variety of ongoing Research division survey research projects. The survey research projects focus on demographics of both members and housing consumers, policy analysis, business activity of firms and members, and ad hoc survey research.
The Research Data Analyst will develop and maintain a data processing system to support NAR’s real estate survey research. S/he will also perform data analysis, quantitative analysis and develop relevant real estate data reports.
The Research Data Analyst is expected to perform computer based analyses of data from the public and NAR members focused on market trends, demographics, business drivers and other information relevant to NAR members. The Research Data Analyst will program reports using SPSS syntax and Excel.
* Preferred Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in computer science, demographics, market research, public policy or related field
* 3-5 years of relevant association, corporate, or equivalent work experience - performing data analyses
* Strong computer skills are necessary, particularly SPSS Syntax and Excel
* Proven strategic and tactical thinker; able to anticipate challenges and trends, with a history of developing proactive responses
* Effective communicator – verbally and in-writing; articulate; a good listener
* Works well in a team environment
* Adept at navigating the unique dynamics of a membership driven organization
NAR offers a collegial, supportive, quality-driven team, competitive compensation and benefits, and a convenient Union Station/Capitol Hill location. For confidential consideration, apply online http://realtors.org/jobs
No phone calls, please. EOE M/F/V/H.
- External Application Link