JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
ERA-New Orleans invites applications for two postdoctoral positions beginning fall 2016. The successful candidates will conduct and publish original research related to one or both of the following ongoing projects: (a) randomized trials of financial aid and other college access programs; and (b) the market-based school reforms in New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina.
Two Positions (both appointments are for two years):
(1) In partnership with Tulane’s Murphy Institute of Political Economy, we invite applications from candidates who will receive a Ph.D. in economics by fall 2016. In addition to carrying our research on the above topics, the successful candidate will teach one course at the undergraduate level annually and is expected to participate actively in research, seminars and other activities at the Economics Department and the Murphy Institute.
(2) We also invite applications for a research-only position open to candidates receiving degrees in economics, public policy, education, sociology or related fields with an emphasis in quantitative research methods.
* Demonstrated interest in policies related to school reform and/or college access.
* Expertise with STATA preferred.
Tulane University is an EEO/AA/ADA/veterans employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.
- External Application Link