JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
University of Manchester
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Salary Range: £34 233 to £47 328
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Economics department at Manchester is committed to both research teaching excellence. The department is large with expertise in a wide range of areas of Economics.
It offers high quality research led teaching to a large number of students at all levels from introductory undergraduates to advanced research students. To further improve the quality of our teaching, and to fulfill the University’s teaching and learning agenda, the University of Manchester is offering a 3-year teaching-focused lectureship in Economics.
We welcome applications from colleagues working in any area in Economics.
The 3 year post post is tenable from 1st August 2016.
The teaching duties will include lecturing and/or tutoring in one or more of the core areas of microeconomics, macroeconomics and/or econometrics, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The ability to develop innovative approaches to teaching and/or seek external funding to support pedagogic research related to the teaching of Economics is desirable.
To apply for this post complete this 2 stage process:
1. visit [the job ID is HUM-07309] and complete the following sections/details, on-line, by clicking the “Apply for Job” button:
• Personal, Education, Employment, Referees and Equal Opportunities
• Do NOT upload any other supporting information (eg, CV/Resume)
2. Stage 2: Submit the following documents through JOE’s online application system:
• A covering letter of application, quoting the post reference number and a 500-word (max) statement which summarizes how you meet the essential and desirable criteria listed in the ‘further particulars’.
• Your CV/Resume.
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
• Sample(s) of at least 1 research paper.
• 3 letters of recommendation from your nominated referees.
• (Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that these letters are submitted by the closing date)
You must complete steps 1 and 2. Failure to do this means your application can not be considered by the University.
- Questions for Candidates
- Letters of Reference
- Research Papers
- Teaching Evaluations
- Cover Letter