JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Chicago, Illinois, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
GCM Grosvenor is one of the world’s largest and most diversified independent alternative asset management firms.
We are seeking a Vice President with responsibility for quantitative risk management. The Risk team works closely with other investment and operational professionals. Importantly, the Risk Management Team spends significant time working with our IT Team to build, test and serve as business-user experts of our systems.
The Risk Management Team has four core responsibilities:
• Assist in the underwriting and monitoring of investments;
• Assist in the construction and monitoring of GCM-managed portfolios;
• Create aggregated risk reports and asset class allocation studies for GCM Grosvenor’s clients; and
• Develop and maintain technology tools with GCM Grosvenor’s IT Team.
The Risk Management VP will be involved in all of these areas, but likely will focus initially on portfolio construction and systems.
• Degree in a quantitative field required. Advanced degree a plus.
• Experience in quantitative risk management with an asset manager or financial institution.
• Experience with programming (R, MatLab, Python), as well as the practical implementation of models is required.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills; capable of explaining risk management process and practices in an accessible manner.
- Application Instructions Below