JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
University of Cape Town
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SOUTH AFRICA
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
financial risk management
Full Text of JOE Listing:
We invite applications for a permanent appointment at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor Level in the African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management (AIFMRM) in the Faculty of Commerce. We seek to appoint teachers and researchers with the aspiration to be academic leaders.
The closing date for applications is 06 December 2015. Interviews will take place via skype after the ASSA meetings in early January and flyouts are scheduled from mid-February to mid-March. Appointments are for as soon as is feasible thereafter.
· Expertise in quantitative finance, computational finance, financial risk management, or financial economics;
· An appropriate PhD in financial mathematics, financial economics, risk management, computational science, engineering, or a directly related field.
Salaries are dependent on the area of expertise, but are based on UCT’s standard COE for a Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor (http://hr.uct.ac.za/benefits/remuneration/coe_ranges/T3_academic/). Interested candidates should contact Carmen Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details of the ranges of possible remuneration, additional benefits, cost of living in South Africa and any other pertinent topics.
To apply, please e-mail your application package as a .zip file to Ms Vanessa Hoff at email@example.com:
Further Details can be found at http://www.aifmrm.org.za
- Application Instructions Below
- UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc)
- Motivational letter,
- Recent sample of your work, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Reference number: E15210
Closing date: 06 December 2015