JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
CaixaBank Research, the Strategic Planning and Research Department of CaixaBank, the leading retail bank in Spain, analyzes topics of interest in the areas of macroeconomics, financial markets, the banking system and competitive strategy and helps develop and monitor the strategic plan of the bank in close contact with top management.
We have openings in the three units of the departament: Bank Strategy, Macroeconomics and Financial Markets. Main tasks:
• Analyze global macroeconomic developments, financial markets or bank strategy issues (depending on the department).
• Prepare and present reports and papers.
• Develop quantitative models for analysis and forecasting.
• Education: Economist with a graduate degree (PhD from a top university); knowledge of quantitative methods valued in the Macroeconomic and Financial Market units; expertise on regulatory issues will be particularly valued in the Banking Strategy unit.
• Experience: Previous experience in similar posts will be valued.
• Languages: Spanish and English required.
- Versatility: Global perspective on macroeconomics, financial markets and banking.
- Initiative and anticipation in identifying relevant topics.
- Ability to synthesize complex problems.
- Oral and written communication skills.
To learn more, check www.caixabankresearch.com
- Application Instructions Below
To learn more about us, check www.caixabankresearch.com