JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York , New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: O -- Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
Full Text of JOE Listing:
You will work directly with the Head of Data Science & Advanced Analytics and within data science, advanced analytics, and product teams on key business problems by applying the frontier of economic thinking to traditional and online advertising, pricing and competition, measurement methodology.
You will build econometric models, using enterprise data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. Business Scientists are expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems.
● PhD in Economics, Management or Marketing Science, Finance, Operations Research, Statistics, or a similar discipline.
● 4-6 years of experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research.
● Experience working in a business, legal, or academic environment with largescale,
● Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, ability to effectively
communicate with business and technical teams.
● Strong Customer and Business Partner focus with ability to adapt to new vernacular and language
of various business areas.
● 4-6 years experience writing functions using matrix language in R or MATLAB or python
● Extensive experience in discrete choice demand and sales response models such as logit in its many forms
- Letters of Reference