JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Rochester, Michigan, UNITED STATES
E00 -- General
R00 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The School of Business Administration at Oakland University seeks to fill two tenure track positions in economics at the Assistant Professor level, starting August 15, 2016 to teach undergraduate and MBA level courses and to maintain research and service activities appropriate to the level of appointment. Teaching load and class sizes are moderate. Summer teaching and competitive summer research funding are available. The salary is competitive and the fringe benefits are excellent.
● A Ph.D. (or Expected Ph.D. by August 2016) in Economics
● Evidence of teaching experience and scholarly achievement (or potential for scholarly achievement) commensurate with Assistant Professor level appointment
● Experience or strong interest in public policy issues
● All research and teaching areas in Economics will be considered (preference given to those specializing in Monetary Economics or Urban and Regional Economics)
● Evidence of effective undergraduate and/or graduate/MBA-level teaching experience in Economics
● Evidence of scholarship that has been published (or has the potential for publication) in high quality academic and professional journals
● Ability to effectively collaborate with other faculty members
● Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
Oakland University sits on an attractive 1443 acre campus in Rochester, Michigan, 30 miles north of Detroit. With its proximity to parks, educational and cultural centers, Rochester appears on many lists of “best places to live” among small U.S. cities. Founded in 1957, Oakland University is a growing, state-supported comprehensive academic institution enrolling over 20,000 students, including 3,550 graduate students. Oakland delivers a broad range of arts and science majors, professional schools, and graduate programs, including 139 undergraduate and 127 graduate programs at the master's and doctoral levels.
The School of Business Administration (SBA) is AACSB International-accredited. It enrolls 2,000 undergraduate and 550 graduate students. The SBA is one of only 178 business schools worldwide that have both business and accounting accreditations from AACSB International. The business school building incorporates state-of-the-art IT and has several computerized instructional classrooms. There are 12 full-time faculty in the economics department, one of four departments in the SBA with a combined total of 75 full-time faculty.
Oakland University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
For more information about Oakland University see .
● Curriculum Vitae (CV)
● Cover Letter (Professor Miron Stano, Search Committee Chair)
● Transcripts (unofficial)
● The names and contact information for at least 2 professional references
● Teaching Evaluations
● One or two completed research papers
Application Deadline: November 25, 2015
All applications must be submitted through the website: