JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
The Mercatus Center
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Arlington, Virginia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: Y -- Miscellaneous Categories
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Vice President for Policy Research leads the Mercatus Center’s policy research:
• Lead a growing public policy research team, including economists, policy analysts, research editors, program directors, and other staff. Work with researchers to develop policy research portfolios and coordinate between projects.
• Ensure that research publications meet the highest academic standards by overseeing peer review and internal review processes and evaluating all research prior to publication.
• Work with the Mercatus Center’s communications and outreach teams to ensure that research is effectively promoted.
• Serve as a bridge between researchers and policy professionals so Mercatus research is informed by and addresses real world problems.
• Work with the Director of Policy Research Operations to ensure quality research is undertaken and published in a timely fashion.
• Develop and oversee Mercatus's policy research budget, staffing, and strategies and provide regular reporting.
• Help identify and recruit scholars and program staff.
• 10+ years of experience in academia, public policy, and/or related fields.
• PhD in economics or related discipline (preferred), or an advanced degree combined with significant research experience in a related field (including law).
• Proven effective leadership experience managing projects, researchers, and staff.
- External Application Link