JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, UNITED STATES
G -- Financial Economics
G3 -- Corporate Finance and Governance
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Aquinas College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Finance position starting August 2016.
Faculty members are responsible for delivering quality, student-centered, hands-on, active instruction to prepare students for success. Looking for a dynamic, caring professional dedicated to teaching excellence, scholarship, and making a difference in peoples’ lives.
• Successful teaching experience
• An MBA or equivalent degree
• Substantial finance-related business experience
• An earned Ph.D. and publications are preferred
• Experience mentoring student teams, representational activities, and a record of strong
community relationships are distinct assets for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaching load is 12 hours/semester
• Maintaining office hours
• Advising students
• Participating in departmental and college-wide activities, including developing new courses.
Aquinas College will not sponsor a work visa for this position.
Mission Statement: Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community.
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
- Application Instructions Below
To apply, submit a cover letter that describes your teaching philosophy, a curriculum vitae, a list of references, and a statement reflecting on your potential contribution to the Aquinas College mission. Send all materials to Lori Orlowski, Executive Assistant to the Provost, at llo001@.