JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Universidad de los Andes
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Bogotá, Cundinamarca, COLOMBIA
JEL Classification: A1 -- General Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Job Qualifications: The School of Management at the University of Los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia) seeks applications to fill several full time positions at the assistant or associate professor level in management and public policy.
Management and public policy faculty teach in the undergraduate management; MBA, development practice and sustainable management professional masters; and in the master in science management and PhD management programs. Faculty also participates in research groups on business/economic history, cultural industries management, entrepreneurial families, ethics, management theory, and science, innovation and technological change.
Applicants with background in any social science, humanity or other relevant fields are welcome. Preference will be given to faculty with a strong commitment to research, demonstrated by a record of publications in high quality peer reviewed journals, and who will engage in the design, delivery and assessment of courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Aspiring junior researchers must have earned a PhD degree or be near completion of the PhD, and have a demonstrated record of publications in quality peer reviewed journals. We are also open to successful mid-career candidates who could qualify for the level of Associate Professor.
We are interested in candidates with:
• A completed (or near completion) PhD in social sciences, humanities or relevant field
• A desire to contribute to a successful and fast growing educational establishment
• A track record or potential for research and publication in international peer reviewed journals
• An ability to contribute to different undergraduate and postgraduate programs
Applications: Applicants should submit the following:
1) A brief cover letter explaining your interest in the School of management at University of Los Andes;
2) A curriculum vitae or resume including contact information for at least three letters of reference;
3) A statement of teaching and research, including course evaluations;
4) A copy of two recent papers.
*References will not be contacted until the final candidates have been identified.
Send electronic versions of your application package to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered.
Processing of applications will begin August 15, 2015, and will continue until the positions are filled. Appointments begin May 1, 2016.
Level of compensation is competitive internationally and will be determined based on education and experience following University guidelines.
For further information about this position please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below