JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
California State University-Long Beach
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Long Beach, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: E6 -- Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Ph.D. in Economics or a related field with specialization in international macroeconomics or international finance from an accredited university. Degree must be completed or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2016. Demonstrate potential for successful college-level teaching, potential for, or a record of scholarly research. Demonstrate a commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
Strong record of success in the classroom or the potential for excellence in teaching and an established, well-defined research program.
Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in macroeconomics and/or international finance. Also, teach additional course assignments based upon needs and area of expertise. Engage in scholarly research. Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
• A Student Success Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced)
• Cover letter addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
• CV (including current email address)
• Three current letters of recommendation
• Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
• Copy of a research paper
• Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form, three current letters of recommendation (if not already submitted), and an official transcript.
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Wade E. Martin, Professor and Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Economics
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-4607
Wade.Martin@csulb.edu or 562.985.5061
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Link