JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Actuarial Research Corporation
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Columbia, Maryland, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: I1 -- Health
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Actuarial Research Corporation seeks a mid-level/senior analyst to join our Maryland office, working on projects related to U.S. health care financing.
We are a small consulting firm specializing in health policy implementation and analysis. Our principal clients are federal agencies, but we also serve a variety of private-sector organizations. Typically, we do not perform original research.
Among other things, you will:
• Analyze Medicare or Medicaid enrollment or claims data
• Use survey databases to help answer policy questions
• Employ regression and frequentist and Bayesian methods to analyze proposed policies
• Develop or adapt data-driven models to help answer policy questions
Ideally, you enjoy working semi-independently and possess:
• Education leading to a doctorate, or comparable professional experience
• Experience in the use of econometrics/statistics
• Experience in, or academic education in, the use of Bayesian analysis in quantitative research
• The ability to manipulate quantitative data to address research questions
• Good interpersonal skills
• Experience with SAS, Stata, or VBL
Work experience is valuable, but ARC also has a tradition of hiring new graduates. We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits, and the culture of a small workplace.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to resumes@ .
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below