JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Senior Economist will lead the company’s macroeconomic modelling efforts, as a member of the Ally Economics team. This includes leading the development, documentation, operation, and maintenance of economic models to forecast and stress various U.S. and global economic, industry and financial market time-series measures.
• Responsible for developing, documenting, operating and maintaining econometric models to forecast various U.S. and global economic and financial market measures
• Develop and maintain economic forecasting models to support finance and risk forecasting processes
• Develop and maintain economic stress models to support stress tests, including CCAR / DFAST
• Lead and develop junior economists supporting forecasting processes.
• PhD in Economics preferred. Advanced degree required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience building economic forecasting models with a financial services firm is required
• Advanced familiarity with SAS is required
• Advanced experience with time-series econometrics
• Experience with economic modeling processes, such as Vector Autoregressions, ARIMAs, Seemingly Unrelated Regressions, Systems of Simultaneous Equations, Principal Components Analysis, is required.
• Must have ability to effectively communicate both in written form and verbally with senior level executives
• Must be able to interact effectively with leadership and external parties to explain models