JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
University of Louisiana at Lafayette - B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Oil and Gas Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Chair is expected to:
• conduct research commensurate with the position
• continue an established research program
• lead the intellectual development of the College faculty through mentoring and other interactions
• develop professional relationships in the business community and conduct/disseminate results of regional economic analyses
• raise awareness, deepen understanding, and increase appreciation for economics through curriculum development and instruction and through community outreach
• be at the Associate/Full Professor level with an earned doctorate in Economics
• understand the regional economy in Southwest Louisiana (energy economics/oil and gas industry knowledge is beneficial)
• possess strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
• demonstrate innovative teaching skills
UL Lafayette, a public research university with High Research Activity accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, has over 18,000 students enrolled and 575 full-time faculty members and is the largest of nine universities in the UL System. The University offers degrees in 54 undergraduate disciplines, 20 post bachelor certificates, four graduate certificates, master’s degrees in 27 disciplines, and doctorate degrees in 10 disciplines.
Visit for full description and application information.
The University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EEO #BA 1-08.
- External Application Link