JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
University of Essex
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Colchester, Essex, UNITED KINGDOM
JEL Classification: A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Economics at the University of Essex seeks to make two appointments in Economics and one in Economic Policy, all at Lecturer level. Lecturer is equivalent to Assistant Professor in the US.
Duties will include:
• engaging in high quality research in any area of economics (but particularly in applied economics and economic policy for the lectureship in economic policy),
• teaching modules and providing academic support for students,
• submitting research grant applications,
• contributing to the successful administration of the Department.
Successful candidates should:
• have a PhD in Economics or be near completion
• demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching
• have the ability to produce and publish high quality research at the highest level.
Appointments will be made on a full-time basis and subject to a three-year probationary period.
We particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic minority group, as they are under-represented at this level within this Department.
Salary: £38,511-£45,954 pa Closing date: 25 May 2015
Apply online at (Ref. ACR775 and ACR776).
If you have a disability and would like information in a different format telephone +44 (0) 1206 873521/874588.
- External Application Link