JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Bank Of The West
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: San Ramon, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G3 -- Corporate Finance and Governance
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Responsible for conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects. Validates conceptual soundness of the models built to assess and quantify financial risk, market risk, operational risk, interest rate risk. Reviews/challenges the empirical evidence/limitations of the model being
1. Identify sources of model risk. Review model components and developmental quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects.
2. Develop/prioritize constructive recommendations for model changes/enhancements.
3. Develop automated solutions to routine validations to gain efficiency in the validation process.
4. Maintain a detailed and comprehensive record of each validation project through work papers and other project artifacts
• An appropriate Masters’ Degree and a few years’ related experience or PhD with some model validation experience
Field of Experience:
• Experience with loss forecasting, stress testing,credit score cards,Basel II
• Quantitative skills in econometrics, statistics, hazard modeling,time series analysis
• Experience working with large data sets. SAS experience desirable
• Strong knowledge of bank products, processes and business practices
• Familiarity with leading model risk management practices and applicable regulatory guidance
• Summarize/present validation findings
• Experience with analytics and models used in banl compliance programs desirable,including customer due diligence and AML
- External Application Link