JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
National Bureau of Economic Research
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: O -- Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The National Bureau of Economic Research is the nation’s leading non-profit economic research organization.
The NBER has an opening for a Research Analyst (RA) who will support a project on social networks taking place in India.
Responsibilities are expected to include:
• Working with data sets, cleaning and running checks, and preparing data for analysis,
• Assisting with literature reviews,
• Liaising with field staff running the projects, including occasional travel to research field sites,
• Assisting with reports,
• Assisting with academic papers,
• Preparing data for publication,
• Any other work assigned by Research Managers.
Candidates for this position will have a bachelor’s degree in economics, with a high level of mathematics. The ideal candidate will have had significant coursework in development economics and international experience. Strong familiarity with Stata is required. The ability to communicate economic findings to various audiences is strongly preferred.
For more information on the NBER, please visit http://www.nber.org.
No phone calls, please.
- External Application Link