JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
Salary Range: $120K + commensurate with experience
Full Text of JOE Listing:
• Monitoring and interpreting current economic indicators
• Analyzing the impact of monetary and fiscal policies
• Analyzing the effect of federal budget policies on short- and long-term economic performance
• Generating innovative ideas for report topics
• Preparing briefing documents for hearings and other events
• Writing or editing reports on a variety of topics
• Conducting original research on chosen subjects
• Helping to manage other professional staff on various projects
This position requires a Ph.D. in economics but a master’s degree and equivalent work experience will also be considered. A successful candidate will have a broad grounding in macroeconomic theory and should be highly skilled at interpreting economic data. He or she should be proficient at using the tools of the profession, especially macroeconomic modelling, and must be able to write clearly for a general audience. Knowledge of Congress and other federal agencies is strongly desired. Familiarity with Haver databases is a plus.
Find information at this link: http://1.
The Joint Economic Committee is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, uniformed service, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below