JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
United Parcel Service (UPS)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Economic Senior Analyst takes leads research, development, and presentation of advanced economic analysis. (S)he conducts detailed research projects in fields of economics, including industrial organization, pricing, applied macroeconomics, or microeconomics. (S)he works with teams to identify areas for improvement and implements solutions.
(S)he will be responsible for consulting within UPS to assist in designing forecasting models to solve problems. (S)he is key in the development of forecasts for organizational performance. This position evaluates procedures and seeks to implement best practices.
• Produces presentations on research to improve processes
• Assists with synthesizing data to convey the economic outlook for the organization
• Creates processes to assist in the automation of statistical models
• Analysis & Solution Knowledge: Identifies information sources, assesses quality, and communicates limitations; compares information from different sources; applies data reduction and analysis techniques; makes logical assumptions; challenges findings and documents outcomes; audits own analyses.
• Pricing Knowledge: Understands the pricing processes for customers; understands how to complete competitive rate comparisons.
• Problem Definition Knowledge: Adept at defining problems and structuring paths for resolution; disaggregates problems into key resolution issues; selects applicable approaches.
• Environmental Scanning: Maintains awareness of regulations that could impact product or segment; monitors emerging technologies and impact on the ways transportation and logistics companies serve customers.
• Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives.
• Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
• Design and Development: Lists design specifications linked to business requirements; describes the importance of quality design and development procedures.
• Statistical Analysis: Demonstrates knowledge of statistical terminology and understanding of analyses (e.g. measures of central tendency, standard deviation, correlation, analysis of variance (ANOVA), multiple regression, significance testing, ability to calculate statistics.
• Bachelor’s (of Science) degree
• Master’s degree – Economics - Preferred
• Ph.D. – Economics – Preferred
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
• Employer will not sponsor visas for this position
• Must have a Bachelor's degree (or comparable degree) or are a current employee with a minimum of three years of UPS experience
• Must have experience utilizing econometric modeling techniques
- External Application Link