JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Educational Testing Service
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Princeton, New Jersey, UNITED STATES
A1 -- General Economics
00 -- Default: Any Field
A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
A -- General Economics and Teaching
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Assessment Specialist I, Economics
ETS (Educational Testing Service), a global organization that develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually, is currently seeking an Assessment Specialist in Economics in Princeton, NJ for these responsibilities:
• Develop tests in Economics.
• Write, review, and revise test questions and evaluate item acceptability after testing.
• Assemble tests to meet specifications.
• Recruit, train, mentor, and manage outside item writers. Develop item writer training materials and facilitate item writer training meetings.
• Collaborate with committees of experts in Economics and other related fields (including recommending committee members and facilitating meetings).
• Participate in constructed-response scoring activities.
• Review and revise program publications and interpretive test preparation materials; participate in teacher training activities.
Requires Master’s degree in Economics or related area and three years of increasingly responsible professional experience, including experience in educational measurement, applied statistics, and/or teaching in Economics and related areas. Experience in educational assessment and classroom teaching highly desirable, but not required. Comprehensive knowledge of Economics in order to develop tests in subject area and to serve as resource for peers, committees, and clients also required.
For more information and to apply for the position, please use the following link:
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- External Application Link