JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Asian Development Bank
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Metro Manila, PHILIPPINES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
technical, vocational education and training
analytical, thematic and sector work
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Undertake analytical, thematic and sector work in education; identify, develop, process, implement and administer loans, Technical Assistance (TAs) projects, and non-lending products and services (NLPS) in the education sector and technical, vocational education and training (TVET). Contribute to the development of education sector policy in developing member countries (DMCs). Work with broad policies and objectives, working directly with clients, with supervision for critical task.
• Supervisor: Director
• The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
o Administrative Staff
o National Staff
Master's Degree or equivalent in the Social Sectors or other related fields. University degree in the Social Sectors or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
Relevant Experience and Other Requirements:
• At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the education sector and TVET and in project administration
• International experience working in several countries
• Proven application of expertise within a specific area, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area
• Able to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community
People and leadership skills
• Able to act as a team leader when required with supervision from the Director or a more senior team leader
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
For more details and to apply, visit http://www.adb.org/careers/adb-hr-15-0095
Deadline for applications is on 18 February 2015.
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive work environment. Women are encouraged to apply.
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply. Applications received in response to previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to this advertisement.
The vision of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and based in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from about 67 members. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package. While the position advertised is for the ADB headquarters, staff must be prepared to serve in any location outside Manila, Philippines at the discretion of Management. Applicants must be nationals of one of ADB's member countries.
- External Application Link