JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Bank of Canada
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
D4 -- Market Structure and Pricing
E6 -- Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
G1 -- General Financial Markets
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Bank of Canada invites applications for PhD internship positions in 2015. Successful candidates will spend two to four months pursuing their dissertation research and presenting their work. They will also be invited to participate in other projects related to monetary policy and financial stability.
• candidates should have passed their core and field examinations and expect to complete their thesis within two years
• candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
For more information on the complete job advertisement and how to submit your application, please visit
• Condition of employment: Candidates must be eligible for reliability status.
• There will be no relocation assistance provided.
• Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
• The Bank of Canada benefits from the unique perspectives, attributes and talents of its diverse workforce. We offer flexibility to accommodate the needs of our employees and candidates. The Bank of Canada is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from qualified men and women, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
• We will ask you to complete a mandatory questionnaire during the application process.
- External Application Link