JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
C5 -- Econometric Modeling
C6 -- Mathematical Methods and Programming
C4 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Moody’s Credit Policy Research Group develops quantitative tools to support ratings and analysis. It conducts research on defaults, loss-given-default, rating transitions, and rating performance in addition to verifying rating methodologies and validating rating models.
We are looking for an Associate Analyst to join the Credit Policy Group. The successful candidate will be part of the corporate default research team with the following responsibilities:
- Prepare regulatory reports and presentations concerning fundamental ratings performance.
- Maintain and assist in the future developments of Moody’s senior ratings algorithm
- Conduct and publish research on corporate defaults, rating accuracy and volatility.
- Support senior analysts in default research and quantitative projects.
- Utilize Matlab, SQL, and Excel to query and manipulate rating and default data to conduct statistical analysis.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and fill internal and external data requests.
- Advanced degree (PHD preferred) in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Finance, Math, and Statistics.
- 1+ year of overall experience in quantitative finance. Experience in credit risk will be a big plus.
- Proficient in Matlab with solid programming skills. Data mining experience with large financial databases in SQL will be helpful.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of finance, economics, and statistics.
- External Application Link