JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Providence, Rhode Island, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Associate Director (AD) position will manage the PTP Faculty, Postdocs, and Scholars and their affiliated programming. The AD will be instrumental in the faculty and postdoc hiring process, working with relevant departments on campus. The AD will help develop courses, produce conferences, and facilitate interdisciplinary faculty research initiatives. H/She will serve on the PTP Advisory Board and fill in for the Director as needed. The Associate Director will oversee programming for the PTP’s student groups: Janus Forum; Brown Political Review; and Brown Political Forum. He/she will work closely with the Program Coordinator in developing and executing the events and activities of the student groups. The AD will also teach one or two PTP courses per year and conduct his/her own academic research.
• Ph.D. in Humanities, Social Sciences, or related discipline with focus on political economy, broadly construed. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Philosophy, Economics, Political Science, History, or a Law Degree. Successful candidate should have a proven record, or demonstrated potential, for excellence in teaching and research. Strong administrative skills required.
• Three to five years academic experience in the areas of administration, teaching, and research
• Ability to understand and operate in a complex campus environment and to create collaborative networks across multiple constituencies
• Demonstrated capacity for management and project oversight
• Capacity to collaborate with, serve and guide a range of experts, from faculty to peers to area experts
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Please note: This is a three-year, fixed term position contingent upon availability of funds and with the possibility of renewal.
To View more details and to Apply, please use the following link to Brown University’s Career Site for Jobs@Brown:
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.