JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Greater Philadelphia Area, Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
00 -- Default: Any Field
G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Vanguard seeks a Quantitative Equity Analyst to perform the ongoing equity alpha research and develop and/or enhance Vanguard's quantitative investment products.
The responsibilities include:
• Analyzes complex investment research issues by utilizing both internal and external resources. Researches new stock-selection models, tactical asset allocation techniques and alternative investment programs.
• Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis and offers recommendations on investment strategies. Prepares and presents research work to the equity research group and senior management.
• Participates in group discussions and regular research meetings designed to identify and debate investment issues and potential research projects.
• Participates in the ongoing firm wide discussion on development and enhancement of Vanguard's quantitative investment products. Performs detailed analyses on methodology/approach and makes recommendations on developing new products.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• Ph.D. in Economics/Finance/Accounting is strongly preferred, equivalent combination of a Masters degree and experience in those fields may be considered.
• Exceptionally strong quantitative and analytical skills, including time-series and cross-sectional modeling and statistical methods.
• Excellent programing skills, including commonly used statistical packages (e.g., SAS, STATA, MATLAB, etc.).
• Strong strategic and critical thinking skills, and proven ability to transfer knowledge and financial theory into practical solutions.
- External Application Link