JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Tbilisi, GEORGIA
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Private Sector Development; and
Full Text of JOE Listing:
International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET,
(1) Energy and Environmental Economics;
(2) Entrepreneurship and Private Sector Development;
(3) Education, Health, and Social Policy.
The ideal candidates will have a PhD in Economics from a reputable Western university and a strong record of teaching, research and policy consulting in relevant fields.
• Teaching in ISET’s Economics MA program and supervising student theses;
• Developing applied concentrations in the MA program and/or executive programs in relevant fields;
• Developing grant applications and leading applied research and training projects;
• Providing research-based policy advice and participating in public policy discussions;
• Writing on policy issues in the ISET Economist Blog ( , other printed and electronic media.
This will be a fixed term, renewable appointment with salary commensurate with the candidates’ experience and reputation. Preference is for a full-time appointment but other options involving considerable physical presence in Tbilisi will be considered. Knowledge of Georgian and/or Russian languages will be considered an advantage. Position is subject to available funding and will be open until filled.
- Letters of Reference
- Consulting report / policy paper / blog post / newspaper column
- Cover Letter
- Job Market Paper
- Teaching Evaluations