JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Ameriprise Financial - Information Management
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Minneapolis, Minnesota, UNITED STATES
Phoenix, Arizona, UNITED STATES
Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
C1 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
D -- Microeconomics
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Ameriprise Financial is of one of the most respected financial services companies in the US. We offer and distribute an array of investment and insurance protection products and services that can help our clients stay on track toward their financial goals.
- We have over $700 billion in assets under management and administration. 1
- We are a top-10 provider of mutual funds, financial planning, annuities and insurance. 2
- We have more financial planning clients than any other firm. 3
Ameriprise has a number of Economist/Quantitative Analyst openings in the Information Management group. Information Management is responsible for developing the analytic processes and systems to drive information-based decisions and solutions. The responsibilities of the positions include:
- Developing econometric models and decision support systems, as well as performing profitability analyses of marketing and business initiatives
- Leading the test design and evaluation of new campaigns across different products and channels
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with fellow managers, technical staff, and business partners
- Graduate degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, or similar quantitative discipline. Excellent quantitative/analytical skills.
- Statistical programming software experience in SAS, SPSS, or similar statistical software.
- Hands-on regression modeling and text mining preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment on multiple projects and drive results.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technical quantitative results effectively to a non-technical audience
Actual job title will be determined by skills & experience of the selected candidate.
- Application Instructions Below