JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Oakbrook Terrace (Chicago area suburb), Illinois, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Inte Q specializes in helping our clients gather relevant customer behavior and demographic data – making heads or tails of it. We then create and execute a wide range of insight based programs that drive greater customer engagement and profitability.
This is an analytic position responsible for supporting the development of advanced statistical models and data mining activities within the Inte Q Decision Support Analytics group. Working with external clients and internal business partners, this individual will provide business analytic support to both ongoing and one-time projects. Analytics drive fact-based decision making for both the relationship programs and our clients.
Responsibilities include statistical model development, exploratory analysis of customer behavior, development of sophisticated segmentation routines; retail store and geographic analysis and support of direct marketing promotional effectiveness and direct mail financial calculations.
The position requires good verbal and written skills, as well as strong SAS programming skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop predictive models in support of email and direct marketing campaigns
• Develop attrition and activation models based on client/program specific needs
• Develop customer segmentation for management of retail client loyalty/relationship marketing portfolios. Work with internal and external business partners to develop marketing strategies for these segments
• Design controlled experiments that can be used to measure the changes in customer behavior across many treatment groups
• Design and measure customer loyalty programs
• Consult with Business Partners and clients on analytic methodologies for customer analyses and present and explain results in a clear precise manner
• Develop customer scorecards for reporting of customer metrics and performance of loyalty/customer relationship programs. Must be able to define and implement flexible customer reporting
• Good oral and written skills are mandatory
• Prior experience using campaign management software (Unica, Campaign Runner)
• Need to be able to translate customer requests into an analytic framework
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in a retail, CRM, credit or consulting environment would be preferred but is not mandatory
• Master’s or PhD degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline
• Exposure to large relational databases and SQL is important
• Strong programming skills in SAS required
• Consulting experience or training in structured methodologies advantageous
We offer a casual and comfortable working environment, flexible schedule including some work from home, competitive salary and superlative benefits (401K with employer match, generous health and dental, long and short term disability, flex and dependent care, annual bonus opportunity).
We will be conducting preliminary interviews at the AEA meetings in Boston, MA, January 3-5, 2015. For full consideration, please submit all relevant application materials by 12/12/2014. These include resume, cover letter, paper abstract and minimum three references. Send all submissions directly to dmartin@ .
- Application Instructions Below