JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Shinjuku, Tokyo, JAPAN
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Waseda University, a long-established private university located in central Tokyo, invites applications for one full-time, tenured (or tenure-track) position in Economics in the Faculty of Political Science and Economics. The successful applicant is expected to teach on the Faculty's English-based degree (EDESSA) program. We particularly welcome applications by those who are enthusiastic about taking up the challenge of playing a central role in one of the best English-based degree programs in Japan. The appointment will be made at the rank of either Professor or Associate/Assistant Professor, beginning in April 2015.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
(1) Be competent to conduct research in and to teach one or two subfields in Economics.
(2) Be able to teach at least one of the core courses listed below for both undergraduates and postgraduates:
Economic History and Macroeconomics and/or Microeconomics
(3) Hold a doctoral degree / equivalent professional accomplishment.
For more information, please refer to the following URL.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
(*)Email to: seikei-gakujin@