JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
University of Minnesota Duluth
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Duluth, Minnesota, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: D -- Microeconomics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
* Minimum qualifications are Masters degree or equivalent with advanced ABD status from a regionally accredited doctoral program in applied Microeconomics or a closely related discipline (final dissertation defended by December 1, 2015).
* Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses across the department's curriculum including but not limited to microeconomic theory (principles and intermediate), introductory statistics, mathematical economics, and a course/s in the candidate's area of expertise.
* Must be academically qualified as per LSBE definition (visit .
* A research agenda is essential as is a demonstrated commitment to conducting research in economics.
* Ph.D. in Economics, or a closely related discipline.
* Experience independently teaching microeconomic theory (principles and intermediate), introductory statistics, and mathematical economics.
* Three years of college teaching experience across the curriculum in economics.
* Demonstrated evidence of effective teaching.
* Multiple applied Microeconomic fields.
*Documented research record of published peer reviewed articles in economics-related journals.
*Demonstrated ability to use a variety of teaching methods in a diverse classroom.
Position begins 8/24/2014 (classes begin 8/31/2015). Department will be represented at the Boston AEA Meetings, January 2015.
To apply, go to . Applications received via email or hard copy will not be accepted.
Applicants must demonstrate that they meet all of the essential qualifications above in their application cover letter and/or vita/resume, and other required application documents. Complete electronic applications must include attachments as follows (maximum size each = 5MB): (1) a cover letter of application, (2) current vita/resume addressing all of the essential qualifications stated above, (3) a graduate transcript (official or unofficial, “additional document 1”), (4) research agenda (“additional document 2”), and (5) one representative paper or article (“additional document 3”). If applicable, (6) teaching evaluations (“additional document 4”). In hard copy form, three letters of reference should be mailed directly from the reference writer to the address below: (copies received via email will not be accepted). Chris McIntosh, Head, Department of Economics, Labovitz School of Business and Economics, 330 LSBE, 1318 Kirby Drive, Duluth, MN 55812 (Phone: 218-726-8408; Fax: 218-726-6509). The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
- External Application Link