AEA Summer Program Application
Requirements and Details
Applications for the 2020 AEA Summer Program will open on November 1st, 2019.
The AEA Summer Program is a prestigious program that uniquely enables students to prepare for the rigors of graduate studies—particularly at the PhD level—through two months of intensive training in microeconomics, math, econometrics and research methods with leading faculty.
The AEA Summer Program aims to broaden participation and increase diversity in the economics profession to ensure that more traditionally under-represented views and backgrounds contribute to scholarship in the field. All US citizens and permanent residents are eligible for scholarship assistance.
Ideally, applicants would:
- Be enrolled in or be a recent graduate of a degree-granting program at a college/university in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or other U.S. territory.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate education.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree.
- College/University Fall 2016 transcript(s).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation with a minimum of one (1) from faculty.
- Two short-essay responses. (The questions will be found in the application itself.)
Program Detail and Benefits:
- Program runs from June 1 – July 30, 2017.
- All successful students receive a $3,250 stipend.
- Round-trip travel to and from East Lansing, MI is provided.
- Room and board on the MSU campus are provided for the program’s duration.
- Opportunities to do and present research at the program conference are included.
Submission and Due Date:
- All applications are to be completed on-line.
- A completed MSU AEA Summer Program application must be RECEIVED by January 31, 2017. Applications must be complete to be reviewed. Please submit completed applications on-line.