How to file a formal complaint for a violation of the AEA Policy on Harassment and Discrimination

A formal complaint about the conduct of an AEA member, or about conduct in connection with an AEA-sponsored activity, that you believe violates AEA's policy against harassment and discrimination, should be sent to the AEA Secretary-Treasurer or the President of the AEA directly at   The AEA's procedures upon receipt of such a formal complaint are found here.

If you wish to make a formal complaint to the AEA about the conduct of an AEA member, you may want to consider reporting the conduct to an entity with responsibility for overseeing that professional's conduct as well. 

If you have any questions regarding the filing of a formal complaint, or about the AEA's procedures, or you wish to seek advice and consultation confidentially, you should contact the AEA's ombudsperson by email (, by US Mail (Leto Copeley, of counsel, White & Stradley, PLLC, 3105 Charles B. Root Wynd, Raleigh, NC 27612), by telephone (call Cari Green at 919-863-9403 to schedule an appointment) or by filling out this electronic form on the page of the ombudsperson’s website, dedicated solely for this purpose.