0 votes
asked ago in Job Market - Candidate Questions by (140 points)
I would like to complete my MA in Suriname my grandmother country. Is it possible completing an MA in economics/dutch humanities transferable here in the US? Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered ago by (3.5k points)
What does "transfer here in the U.S." mean? What are you hoping to get out of the MA?
commented ago by (140 points)
No, I mean the credits will transfer to America. The degree I will earn the credits and all the important documents will transfer to America.
commented ago by (3.5k points)
There is no uniform authority in the United States to recognize credits or a foreign degree. The decision on transferring credits would be up to each university in the United States. (If you wanted a PhD in economics in the U.S., the answer is probably "no.") If you are looking at a job that requires an MA (of which there are not many), the decision would be up to a particular employer. Most would probably accept a foreign MA.