0 votes
asked ago by (38.8k points)
Aug 18 -- The Census Bureau invites comments to OMB by September 19, 2022 regarding the National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses.

Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) Health Resources and Services Administration's (HRSA) National Center for Health Workforce Analysis (NCHWA), the National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses (NSSRN) is designed to obtain the necessary data to determine the characteristics and distribution of Registered Nurses (RNs) throughout the United States, as well as emerging patterns in their employment characteristics. These data will provide the means for the evaluation and assessment of the evolving demographics, educational qualifications, and career employment patterns of RNs. Such data have become particularly important to better understand workforce issues given the recent dynamic changes in the RN population and, the transformation of the healthcare system.

The Census Bureau will request survey participation from up to 125,000 RNs using one of two modes. The first mode is a web instrument (Centurion) survey. All letters mailed to respondents will include a web link to complete the survey. The second mode is a mailout/mail back of a self-administered paper-and-pencil interviewing (PAPI) questionnaire. There will be one paper questionnaire mailing. All respondents will have access to a telephone questionnaire assistance line that they will be able to get login assistance, language support, and even complete the interview with a Census telephone interview agent.

The National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses is proposing one experiment for the 2022 cycle utilizing unconditional monetary incentives. For the 2022 cycle, NSSRN is proposing $5 with an initial web invitation letter for 90% of the sample receiving. The intention of the monetary incentive is to test the efficacy of reducing nonresponse bias by encouraging response, that is, whether offering $5 increases response, thus reducing non-response bias, and reducing costs associated with follow-up mailings. The unconditional monetary incentive will be randomly assigned to 90% of the sample prior to data collection. The remaining 10% of the sample will not receive an unconditional monetary incentive and will be the control group.
 
NNSRN webpage: https://www.census.gov/nssrn
Submission to OMB: https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAViewICR?ref_nbr=202208-0607-002 Click on IC List for collection instruments, View Supporting Statement for technical documentation. Submit comments through this site.
FR notice inviting public comment: https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2022-17787
 
For AEA members wishing to submit comments, "A Primer on How to Respond to Calls for Comment on Federal Data Collections" is available at https://www.aeaweb.org/content/file?id=5806

Please log in or register to answer this question.

...